Professional knowledge and lived experience
As a late-diagnosed autistic adult and the parent of an autistic son, Victoria brings personal experience as well as professional knowledge to the topic of Autism and Aspergers. She is passionate about imparting not only awareness but understanding of autism spectrum conditions and neurodiversity.
- Public speaking topics:
- Personal experience of growing up – going to university – life experiences and challenges on the spectrum – and diagnosis
- Autism and girls and women – differences and stereotypes
- Autism and the workplace – for employers
- Autism and self-employment/entrepreneurship
- Being an autistic parent
- Parenting an autistic child
- Substantial experience of public speaking over seven years in academia, giving lectures at public conferences.
- Experience delivering training sessions in a professional capacity in employed and self-employed roles.
- Workplace training
- Dealing with autistic employees and colleagues
- Dealing with autistic customers (customer service environment)
- Putting on an autism-friendly event or session
- Writing a Social Story (TM)
- Social Story (TM) writing, checking, proofreading
- ‘Critical friend’ visits to premises to make suggestions for making a space autism-friendly